Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Lady Slipper

My parents have a ton of lady slippers behind their house so they brought me this one for hosting our monthly family dinner
For some reason I thought these to be rare so I did a little research and found out that I am dead wrong, they are a wild orchid and you can buy them to plant in your garden.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Lady Slippers...now that brings back memories (must be one of those days). They grew along the path that led from our backyard to our neighbors' yard. We ran that path so many times, even though it was windy, hilly, and rocky, we knew every step and could walk it blindfolded. I loved the Lady Slippers that grew there.

Rae said...

That is such a pretty flower! I love it. I had no idea lady slippers are wild orchids.