Eric almost grabbed this snake on the wood pile. I've spent quite a bit of time online trying to id it. Here is a link to a CT Snake ID web site. Tell me what you think
It diesn't look like a snake native to CT...possibly a pet released at some point. No need to kill. Only two harmful snakes in Ct. Rattlesnake...rarely seen...copperhead, very shy.
If you have any more let me know and I will relocate them for you.
4 comments:
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MOVE OUT OF THE STICKS????? Thanks for a FUN and super YUMMY night and for killing the snake BEFORE we got there!!!!
BTW, LOVE Ethan's new saying. Yep, that's our job as parents....ruin our children's lives!!
It diesn't look like a snake native to CT...possibly a pet released at some point. No need to kill. Only two harmful snakes in Ct. Rattlesnake...rarely seen...copperhead, very shy.
If you have any more let me know and I will relocate them for you.
Ginny
I looked it up and it was a milk snake. Snakes are very beneficial and shouldn't be randomley killed. They are very shy and don't like people.
Milk snakes are very gentle and just want to be left alone.
Personally I would rather have snakes in my yard than mice and rats..which by the way the snakes keep in control.
G
Post a Comment