Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moon Sand vs Playdough

vs

I can't believe that there would be something more entertaining and worse to clean up than play dough. The fat man brought it and my kids love it Moon Sand. The other day Caleb started to play with it at 11:30am took a break to eat lunch and take a nap informing me that it won't ever dry out (thank you commercials)so pleeeeaaaasseeee mommy can I play when I wake up. I left it out for him to play with when he woke which happened to be about the same time Ethan came home from school 3ish. Ethan of course joined in they played until bed! now you would think this is great a whole days entertainment right...wrong there is sand every where and unlike our good friend play dough it never dries out and never I mean never comes out of matchbox cars.
Oh well the good thing is I can throw it away after one use and not feel too bad.

4 comments:

Rae said...

Ugh! Moon sand!! The girls got some a few years ago and they hated it because of the smell. Of course since then they may have made it less stinky! :) Have you seen the commercial for that sand stuff you build in water? Can't think of what it's called but good grief, what will they try to sell our kids next?! DK will give your hubby a buzz tomorrow PM!

Anonymous said...

We have had moon sand for a couple of years. I love it and so do the kids because we have established that it is an outside toy. It stays packet in its little holder along with the sidewalk chalk and water guns. I let them play and when it runs low i by some refills and call it a day.

Amanda said...

My folks got Caleb some a couple of years ago. We let him play with it once and then I conveniently left it at their house when we went back home!

Brooke said...

I'm waiting for a baby picture, please!