Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gratitude

I had a great experience today and want to share. Everyday I've been walking around this lake, I hurry to try to get my 4 miles in and get home to take a shower before I pick up Ethan from school. Most of the time I'm listen to my iPod and looking down just to make sure I don't step or roll the stroller in any goose poop, but not today I just closed my eyes for a moment to listen to the sounds of the birds chirping and feel the sun shinning on my face at that moment I was overwhelmed with gratitude for every thing my heavenly father has given me, the sun to shine on me, the chirping birds, water, the time to walk, the ability to walk, my family, my sleeping walking partner Caleb, the opportunity to be a wife and a mother, friends, wonderful moments in a difficult childhood, his love for ME, just everything. What a great walk I had today!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Ditto :)

nanamoo said...

that was beautiful...i love checking in on your family...the story about old man mud just cracked me up!

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

Your blessings are abundant. Sometimes when we take the time to drowned out the worldly noise the realization of how blessed we are draws us so close to Heavenly Father that the love is just busting at the seams. Thanks for sharing. I needed to be reminded of these very things I need to be thankful for daily.

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

With a pretty crazy month thus far, I too am thankful for the simple things in life. I realize now more than ever that much doesn't really matter compared to the things the Lord has placed before us each day to enjoy.

P.S. I know you have been busy, but I sure would like to see some more pictures of the boys, even Eric too if you must:-)